Friday, June 26, 2009

The Irene Dairy farm

During the April school holidays I took Jos, Reuben and my stepson Duvan to the Irene Dairy farm. It was a most enjoyable experience. The two older boys loved running around and watching the cows brought in for milking. We had a lovely, relaxing lunch at the outdoor restaurant. Reuben ran around making friends with all the patrons. He managed to make friends at a nearby table. There was the cutest little red haired boy sitting at the table eating spaghetti bolognaise. I just had to take photographs and mail them to his mom later.


I had a ball with my camera. I usually prefer to take photographs of people, especially the kids but somehow the surroundings and following Jeanette's photographic blog religiously, inspired me to be a bit more daring. I managed to move out of my normal comfort zone and even surprised myself when I got home and downloaded the pictures.

Here are a few of my favorites.


The wishing well at the entrance.
Jos and Duvan insisted on depositing money in the water to make a wish.

Fallen tree.

Old farm implement.

(I am a city girl have no idea exactly what this is.)

Old motorbike.
Begged the boys to pose for me but they were too excited about the wishing well.

When the cows come home ....
(for milking off course)


Lonely duck!

1 comment: