Thursday, March 12, 2009

Billboard Philosophy

I seem to be looking at life very philosophically at the moment. Every billboard seems to trigger some deep thought process. On the corner of Sandton Drive and William Nichol is a billboard advertising a new vehicle model with the punch line, “There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is MY way!”. Just before you all get excited and expect all sorts of personal confessions, it ain’t gonna happen. This punch line was clearly written by an advertising executive with a fourteen month old. I cannot think of a more apt way to describe Reuben, my fourteen month old at present. Josiah the eldest most probably went through a similar stage but it is just too long ago to remember. My word can R perform!!! Everyone and everything seems to be a source of utter frustration and has him screaming at the top of his voice. He is desperately trying to communicate his wants and needs and  “HIS” way and we just don’t seem to understand or react quick enough.




I suppose it is all part of growing up but I have to exercise a whole lot of patience in the process. What is scaring me though is the fact that one of these days his older brother is going to turn in to another kind of “There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is MY way!” model. The kind that cannot be distracted so easily. Maybe that advertising executive has a teenager and not a fourteen month old …

2 comments:

  1. Haha Annie! I enjoyed your post today! It's amazing how kids have all the answers! I guess its part of learning and growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I can understand completely!

    ReplyDelete