Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to work after weekend dramas

Today was my first day back at work after two weeks at home with my boys. Sure didn't feel like getting up this morning. Made it through the day okay - just felt a bit under the weather though. Think I picked up a stomach bug of sorts. At least I am feeling a bit better now.


I had a very busy weekend. I had to fetch my mom from the airport on Saturday. She came back from Cape Town after a well deserved two week holiday. Boy was my youngest glad to see his "Ouma". The feeling was mutual though - she only remembered to say hallo to me as well after a while. We celebrated her return with a quick breakfast at the Wimpy on O.R. Tambo Airport.



I was very sad to miss out on my colleague and friend Celia's baby shower. Doesn't this look like fun? Things worked out for the best though as I was home to deal with an emergency of another kind. We had just got home from the airport when I got a call from Jos's dad informing me that they were on their way to the hospital as Jos had slipped while jumping from on truck to another and hit his head. (His dad has a transport company and they were at the truck yard.) I rushed off to meet them at the emergency room of the local hospital. Fortunately the damage looked a lot worse than it actually was. Three stitches and a pressure bandage later and we were on our way home. After a good soak in the tub and some pain medication my little hero was ready for bed. Here is the evidence (don't look if you are squeamish  - his favourite "old clothes" are covered in blood!!)

Nothing like a hug from Ouma to make you feel better!!!


2 comments:

  1. OMW what a lot of blood on his shirt!! Glad he's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah bless him Annie! What a brave boy! And little Reuben looks so much like Josh. I can't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete