Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

I have once again not posted for quite a while. I can make a lot of mostly valid excuses for my silence but that won't be the whole truth. I have been at home with the kids and internet access. If I wanted I could have posted and blogged to my hearts contempt. Why o why the silence then? Truth is I don't really know. My life just isn't what I would have liked it to be at the moment. I spend hours hopping between my favourite blogs and somehow it just seems as if everyone around me is leading a charmed life. If I stop long enough to think about my life I just want to run away or sit in a corner and cry. This is soooooo stupid. My dear friend Sam was telling me about a program she watched featuring a motivational speaker. According to this lady we should all learn to focus on the positive and forget the rest. She challenges you to start your sentences with "I love..." to force you to shift your focus away from the negatives.

Well here goes:

“I love being a mom to two gorgeous boys!!! They are the light of my life!!!"

"I love having caring friends who are always ready to meet up and give me a much needed pep talk when I am down and out and ready to throw in the towel!!!" (Thanks Sam)

"I love having friends who love me no matter what. Who can sit and listen to the current story of my life and still love me anyway!!!" (Thanks Sonja)

"I love having an eight year old who googles Sudoku games to cheer me up!!!"

"I love being so very blessed ....."

1 comment: