Thursday, October 1, 2009

A new month ….

September is traditionally the month of new beginnings, a time for all of us here in the southern hemisphere to welcome spring and revel in warmer days. It is supposed to be a time to spring clean and start a fresh. This was so not the case in my life. I felt unbelievably tired all the time. With hardly enough energy to plod through each day, the thought of spring cleaning and starting new projects never crossed my woolly mind. It was hard enough trying to remember the basics and get everything done at no point was I even considering stretching my already clouded brain with anything that wasn’t absolutely crucial. (Hence the lack of blog posts for September.)

Today is the start of a new month. October - less than 3 months before Christmas. Where has this year gone? Make no mistake I am still tired and I would much rather just veg in front of the TV than do anything that requires even the tiniest bit of energy or thought. But …. (Drum roll please!) I have decided that I somehow will have to pull myself together and do something, anything just as long as it breaks this cycle of nothingness.

This decision was inspired by Jenty’s “October can only be better” post. I can so identify with her and relief washed over me when I realised that I wasn’t the only one with a crappy life at the moment.

This post is the start to my Do something” mission for October. Any ideas of “somethings” that won’t require too much energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment