Wednesday, July 29, 2009

About me - 42 things I love ....

To kick start my journey of self discovery I have spent the last week or so since my birthday contemplating my likes and dislikes. This was quite difficult initially. I set myself a goal to make a list of 42 things (for 42 years) I love. Nothing hectic or philosophical just silly everyday things and places (not people - I will get to that later) that tickle my fancy. Wow I was amazed (and sometimes even shocked) at times. I would, totally out of the blue, remember old favourites or recall long forgotten memories when I was least expecting it.


Here is my "42 things I love" list in no particular order; I just jotted things down as they came to mind -


  1. Sushi

  2. Long stemmed red roses

  3. Frogs

  4. Dark Albany chocolate (especially Toblerone or Ferrero Rocher)

  5. Books

  6. Sudoku puzzles

  7. Reading - books, blogs ...

  8. Numbers & calculations

  9. Bird watching

  10. St Joseph's Lilies

  11. Pater Noster & Tietiesbaai

  12. Blogging

  13. Wimpy Coffee

  14. Candy floss

  15. Surprises

  16. Lists

  17. St Lucia

  18. Starfish

  19. Cafe Latte

  20. Meringues especially pavlova

  21. Prawns

  22. Hiking

  23. Sherbet

  24. Scrapbooking

  25. The Boomhuisie restaurant (Kallie and I frequented this quaint little restaurant and also celebrated our wedding reception there)

  26. Photography (I am such an amateur and will probably never reach Jeanette's standards in my life time yet I get such a kick out of it if I happen to take a special photograph.)

  27. Notebooks (I am always making notes and lists in multiple notebooks at the same time, a habit that used to frustrate Kallie no end as I was always looking for the one specific notebook that contained the information I needed.)

  28. Organisation

  29. Four Cousins Rose wine

  30. Camping

  31. "Godincidences"

  32. Tidy cupboards and drawers

  33. Cream Soda float

  34. Belly laughs

  35. Candlelight

  36. Giving the perfect gift

  37. Detail detail detail (The saying goes that "the devil is in the detail" and I have learnt that it is always the small, seemingly insignificant, little things that count the most!)

  38. Chick Flicks

  39. Television series on DVD so I don't have to wait a week to see the next episode.

  40. Symbolism (I firmly believe there is more to life than meets the eye.)

  41. Music (No specific preference as long as it is not heavy metal.)

  42. Art that speaks to me - Beauty is after all in the eye of the beholder

My next challenge is now to see how many of these favourite things I can enjoy in the next 3 months. I will keep you posted.



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea Annie! I am with you on Paternoster and Tietiesbaai - two of my favourite places in the whole world. Maybe ONE day I will have a B&B there! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now to implement... that's the hard part... you mustdefinitelty make time and put in the effort to acheive enjoying ALL these things and soon too... I am right there beside you all the way

    ReplyDelete