Friday, July 10, 2009

MAD not angry ...


The last thought I left everyone at Kallie's funeral with was the following: "Do not let Kallie's death make you angry, rather MAD - Making a difference.”

Today I am finding it especially hard to "practice what I preach". Today would have been my late Dad's 72nd birthday. I feel engulfed by a sense of loss, as if I am drowning in sorrow. My heart is breaking. At times I feel as if I am going to shrivel up and die.

Then I am reminded of God's promises:

"I will never leave you nor forsake you."
(Hebrews 13:5)
"Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
(Matthew 28:20)
"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
(Deuteronomy 31:8)

I am determined that Kallie's death will not be in vain. I want to make sure that each and everything about the man he was will somehow make a difference somewhere. I want to ensure that his legacy will live forever. Kallie's Father died when he was only seven years old. It really bugged him immensely that he could not really remember much about his Dad. I don't want that to be the case for his sons. My sisters-in-law and I are busy gathering photographs, memorabilia and most importantly anecdotes from all the people who knew and loved Kallie to put together memory books for his sons.

Today I want to pay tribute to two incredible fathers, two very special daddies...

"Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a daddy."
~Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Today could not have been easy. Take one day at a time.
    I'm sure those memory boxes are going to be awesome

    ReplyDelete