Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What can I say ...


Yesterday was Kallie's funeral service. The 7th of the 7th Month.

7 the number of spiritual perfection:
Seven days in a week.
Seven colours in the spectrum.
Seven of the 10 commandments begin with the word "not."
There are 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 parables in Matthew, and 7 promises to the churches.
There are 7 "eternals" in Hebrews which are: A priest for ever (1:6); Eternal salvation (1:9); Eternal judgment (6:2); Eternal redemption (9:12); Eternal spirit (9:14); Eternal inheritance (9:15); and everlasting covenant (13:20).
Jesus said 7 things on the cross: 1) Luke 23:34 "Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots; 2) Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise"; 3) Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" -- which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"; 4) John 19:26 "When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son"; 5) John 19:28 "Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." 6) John 19:30 "When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit"; and 7) Luke 23:46 "Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last."
"Hallelujah" occurs 28 times or 4 x 7.
"Hosanna" occurs 7 times.
"Milk" occurs 49 times or 7 x 7.
"Abaddon" occurs 7 times.
"After the order of Melchizedek" occurs 7 times
I am trying hard to believe that Kallie's death was indeed that - Spiritual Perfection, perfect timing. Yet today it doesn't feel that way. I feel numb. After all the activity and organising of the days since his death on Thursday 2 July, everything suddenly feels empty. I am like a robot going through the motions - talking, smiling, and reassuring everybody that I am okay. I am trying very hard not to think, because I am petrified that if I allow myself to think about what has happened long enough I will not be able to carry on.
When our pastor, Pastor G came to see me on Thursday after Kallie died, he briefly explained the basic options for a funeral service to allow me time to think about it, before I saw him on Friday morning to make final arrangements. In doing so, he said that he felt that it was Kallie's special day. It really touched my heart and I wanted nothing more but make it just that, Kallie's special day. Furthermore I felt compelled to also use this opportunity to raise awareness around organ donation. To me it is something I cannot comprehend – how can anyone hang on to that, which they no longer need when they die, when they have an opportunity to change the lives of up to 26 people?
It was a special day, his very special day. I felt a supernatural peace and was intensely aware of all the prayers that were being sent heavenwards on my behalf. It was also a terribly sad day, the last time I could really do anything special for the man I still love with all my heart and soul. Kallie would have celebrated his 40th birthday on the 27th of August later this year. I have already been planning a surprise party in my head and I had decided that, no matter what, I was somehow going to buy him Renier's staircase painting, which I wrote about earlier, as a birthday present. On Thursday evening I phoned Renier, not only to share my sad news with him and Lizette, but also to ask him to keep the painting for me. I may now have to climb the staircase of life alone, but I know Kallie is waiting for me at the top …
On Monday evening, while I was talking to my brother, who assisted me with all the arrangements, he mentioned something amazing - August is Organ Donor Awareness month. As I have said before I do not believe in coincidence or fate, this was just one more "Godincidence" on my journey. This is also another opportunity not only to honour Kallie’s memory but to play a small part in giving someone out there, a second chance – the ultimate gift, the gift of life


3 comments:

  1. Thhinking of you so much Annie. You are very brave. Sending love and prayers as always.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and praying for God to give you strength...

    ReplyDelete