Sunday, July 5, 2009

To the love of my life ...


Tuesday the 30th of June as I was driving home from work, I had an uncontrollable urge to write a letter to Kallie. I whipped out a note book and wrote the following with the book perched on my steering wheel. When I got home I was in two minds whether I should give it to him or not. In the end I personally read it to him. With tears streaming down his face he looked at me and softly said: “You finally understand …”
I am so thankful that God allowed me the privilege of sharing this with him.

“Even though I had no idea what “for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health” would entail when we took our vows two and a half years ago, I have come to realise that I really meant every word and that, that is a promise I intend keeping till death do us part. There is nowhere in the world I would rather be because that would mean being without you.
I love you more deeply, and admire the man you are more intensely than the day we met. I have come to realise that you love me with your whole being despite the fact that, due to circumstances you may not always be in a position to express that love in the manner I require.
You are strong and brave and I am so proud of you for time and time again battling your own inner demons of negativity and fear, and standing up when life knocks you down. I admire your courage for fearlessly facing this life changing challenge head on.
I know now that when you withdraw from me or claim you no longer want me to be part of your life, it is your way of trying to protect me from this ordeal we are facing, yet there is no doubt in my mind that my place is right beside you. This is all in God’s plan for our lives. Faith cannot make our hurt less but it will sustain us through this.
Please take my hand and allow me to climb the stairs with you, one step at a time so that we can reach the top together having received not only a physical heart, but new tender and responsive spiritual hearts.

ILUWAMHASFAE "

30 June 2009

1 comment: